Greece and The Macedonian Question Today
Everything you wanted to know about Macedonians and Greeks

Greece and the Macedonian Question Yesterday
Don't watch the History Channel, read this instead!

How To Find News on Macedonia.
See this article on Macedonian news sites.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Richard Holbrooke, Why Do You Think You Are God?

Macedonian Tendency:

Richard Holbrooke, why do you think you are God?


Richard Holbrooke:

Well, when I pray, I find that I am talking to myself!


I really wish I had time to do a good analysis of Richard Holbrooke's position on Kosovo. (It's basically ... because I said so...). Anyway according to our friend Dick, "Georgian territorial integrity is important", but Serbian territorial integrity is not, and lets not even mention Cyprus. (oops, I just gave a hand to the Greeks).


World: Former U.S. Ambassador Discusses Georgia, Kosovo -
RADIO FREE EUROPE / RADIO LIBERTY:

"Holbrooke: I do not believe the United States should or will make concessions about Georgia. I certainly would oppose that. Georgian territorial integrity is important, the Russians should stop supporting the breakaway illegal regimes in Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and Georgia should be allowed to develop on its own.

RFE/RL: Regarding Kosovo, will it get independence or not?

Holbrooke: Of course, Kosovo will become independent. It's inevitable. But the Russians are encouraging the hard-liners in Belgrade by opposing the [Martti] Ahtisaari plan and that is very unhelpful. And if the Ahtisaari plan is not approved by the UN Security Council when it comes up for decision next month, there will be violence in Kosovo, and that will be the consequence of Russian actions, and they should be held fully accountable for that if it happens. And in 'The New York Times' today [Russian] Ambassador [to the UN] [Vitaly] Churkin is quoted as attacking the Ahtisaari plan and calling for a new mediator to replace Ahtisaari. That is really the wrong thing to do.

RFE/RL: What are the options for Russia with regard to Kosovo?

Holbrooke: I don't think, I hope they won't veto [at the Security Council]. Russia's option, the correct opt"

No comments: